Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Walled Garden Launch night

Hi everyone,

I know this isn't my typical kind of post but I just wanted to give a review on a taster night I went to the other day.

I heard about The Walled Garden whilst looking for a venue to hold our works Christmas party this year.

It looked beautiful and had a Parisian theme this year so I was anxious to apply when I read that they were holding a Launch evening to run through the food and atmosphere and that anyone could attend as long as they were on the list.

I told my friend Monet about this straight away and she applied for both of us. I couldn't wait when she said that we could go. It seemed to take forever to come around to the day.

We pulled into Beeston Fields Golf Club and made our way down the long drive to the Walled Garden and it was so beautiful and romantic as soon as you saw the entrance to the marquee.



We were early so they couldn't allow us in for a while but asked us to wait in the bar in the golf club.

This was an agonising wait as I was anxious to get going with our evening but we were asked to make our way back through after a few minutes.

We walked in to hear an accordianist playing Parisian type music and got handed a glass of prosecco straight away.



My friend Monet doesn't drink so she asked for a non-alcoholic version to which she was told they didn't have anything other than water. We asked the organiser and she got her a glass of juice but we did note this down on the feedback form.

We walked around the place to get a feel of it and took some photos to show you what was included for the evening.



I loved the parasols hanging from the marquee ceiling and thought they added a fantastic touch.





The tables were adorned with a glitter runner and mini Eiffel Towers.
The dance floor was decorated with lit up letters spelling out DANCE but with an Eiffel Tower for the 'A'. A gorgeous touch.

We were handed canapes as we walked around also tried one of the macarons that were offered. All very tasty.



We were asked to take our seats for the meal and were quickly given 'taster' pots of the 3 course meal you can expect on the night.

We enjoyed;

* Creamy white onion and brie soup with crispy fried onions
* French trimmed chicken supreme, wild mushroom and red wine sauce, seasonal vegetables and fondant potatoes
* Raspberry, white chocolate and pistachio profiteroles

The food tasted so good and I wished there was more of it.

We were also presented with 3 free cocktail vouchers upon arrival so I thought I'd give one a go. I tried the Lemon de Lychon which was described as a shot of gin, lemon syrup and topped with prosecco. Wow! This was strong. I couldn't finish it as it was burning my throat as it went down!


Once we'd ate our meal, it was time for a quick dance on the tiled dance floor and then home time. We completed our feedback form in as much detail as possible and got into our 'carriage' for the trip home.

The night at the Walled Garden was gorgeous and perfectly themed for a Parisian Marquee.

Thank you to all that put effort into the evening and I hope to see you all again soon.

Much love and thanks for reading,


Clare xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment